Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sour Cream Pie with Blueberries


I found this recipe on the Whole Foods website. It intrigued me because it was a custard like pie made with sour cream. Sour cream is one of the last dairy products that I can still eat. I slowly started to become lactose intolerant when I was 19 years old. The first things that had to be crossed off my menus forever were ice cream and custard. Ever since this terrible discovery, I have been trying to find alternatives for ice creams, custards, and creamy soups and sauces. This pie is the perfect answer. Well done Whole Foods, you win me over again and again.

The texture is similar to a ricotta tart but is not grainy and is a little more light. The only criticism I have is that it was a little too sweet. Next time I will use only 1/3 or even 1/4 cup of sugar.

You can access the recipe via the Whole Foods website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/946

Pleasant Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment