Saturday, August 27, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bars

When I first heard "Snickerdoodle" as a small immigrant child, I thought I was about to get some kind of candy bar, or at least a ton of caramel on top of chocolate. I was wrong, but I was delighted to be wrong. Snicker doodle cookies are one of my favorite treats because of my love for cinnamon and their very easy assembly.






The recipe I use is from Emeril Lagasse. Instead of making cookies, I made this recipe
into bars by baking the batter in a round cake pan.

I also did not use shortening, just 2 sticks of unsalted butter.

I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the batter. I also added some cinnamon into the batter rather than just on the outside. My last personal touch was a little bit of nutmeg. It has a deeper, spicier flavor that was perfect for a rainy day.

Pleasant eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment